Barley is a Rare Brawler with low health but has a unique type of Attack in which he throws bottles of liquid that cover the ground and deal damage to enemies standing on it over time. His Super is very similar, but it covers a much larger area.
Barley throws a bottle of liquid that shatters and deals damage to enemy Brawlers who are standing in the area that the liquid covers. The damage can hit multiple times if the enemy remains standing on the liquid. After a short time, the liquid disappears.
Super: Last Call
He throws several bottles of flaming liquid that covers a very large area and deals damage over time. It is mechanically very similar to Barley's main attack; the damage can hit multiple times if the enemy remains standing on the liquid, and after a short time, the liquid disappears. The bottles in Barley's Super will land farther apart the farther away from Barley the attack is targeted.
Star Power: Medical UseWhenever Barley throws a bottle from his main attack, he regains 200 hitpoints. This effect does not effect his Super.
- Like Dynamike, his attacks are thrown giving him the ability to attack over walls.
- Barley's Attack makes it possible to discourage enemy movement through certain paths. Take advantage of this to keep enemies out of critical areas of the map.
- Barley's Super can deal immense damage if an enemy Brawler is unable to get out of the liquid quickly. Try to aim the Super to have it land with the enemy Brawler standing in the middle or trapped against a wall.
- Combining Barley's Super with Spike's can deal huge damage to enemy Brawlers trapped by both. Spike's Super slows the enemy's movement speed, hindering escape, while Barley's does damage.
- On 16/8/17, Barley's main attack and Super damage was increased to 140 (from 120) per tick. Main attack bottles fly 16% faster. Super bottles fly 8% faster.
- On 1/9/17, Barley's rarity was changed to Rare from Super Rare.
- On 5/10/17, Barley's Super damage was decreased to 120 damage (from 140).
- On 7/12/17, the health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4. Also, Barley's Super now generates 33% less charge towards the next Super (120 → 80).