In Duo Showdown, it's just like regular Showdown, except you have a teammate battling with you. When an Elixir would be gained from a box, it would be shared between the two of you, meaning that if you were to gain 1 Elixir, your teammate would gain 1 Elixir as well. There are four other pairs of Brawlers. Your goal is to take them out and be the last one standing. If your teammate would die, they will have a 15 second timer until they respawn again. Fallen teammates do not carry the Elixir that they previously had before death, so all respawned teammates start at 0 Elixir. If both teammates were to die, the game ends. Good luck!
- Normally, Brawlers that are good at crowd control will be helpful in Duo Showdown. The only current Duo Showdown map, Double Trouble has bushes that teams can hide in. In the center, teams battle early on for Elixir, so Brawlers like Tara and Spike would be useful here.
- Brawlers like Colt, Crow, and Dynamike can be useful to Duo Showdown because of their expertise in regular Showdown.
- Bo: While Bo isn't the most useful attacker, with his Star Power, he can be extremely advantageous to your teammate as he can see into the bushes from a faraway distance.
- Piper: Piper is pretty good in Duo Showdown if used right. Because of how much open space there is and how little debris, her attacks can really pound down other teams!
- Even though you can respawn in this game mode, you still have to remember that you and another player are a team. Don't be too brave and jump into opposing territory, because you can leave your teammate behind and alone against other teams!
- Stick with your teammate. Don't abandon them and try to conquer opponents by yourself - one way or another, you're going to get outmatched pretty quickly.