In the Gem Grab Event, there are two teams, each of which consists of 3 players. In the middle of the arena, there is a crystal mine which produces crystals every few seconds. The objective of the game mode is for your team to have 10 crystals. When a player dies, they will drop all of the crystals that they have picked up. Once a team has 10 crystals, a countdown will appear on screen which lasts 16 seconds. When the counter gets to 0, the team with the most crystals over 10 will win.
- Dynamike: Dynamike's huge damage output and splash makes him very effective in eliminating enemy brawlers and controlling their movements.
- Ricochet: Ricochet's high dps and ability to bounce bullets off walls makes him the one of best options for taking down opposing brawlers.
- Crow: Enemy brawlers may find Crow's poison very difficult to play around, and the damage debuff will cripple their dps. Additionally, Crow's super allows him to assassinate brawlers with a lot of gems if need be.
- Pam: Pam is arguably the best gem carrier in the game. Her healing turret can keep her team alive, along with her star power, and her high health lets her tank some damage to get gems.
- Poco: Poco is a great gem carrier. His widespread attacks can do a lot of damage if he is close enough to a Brawler, and can heal himself and his teammates to stay in the fight.
- Controlling the area around the crystal mine is important early in the game. Keep enemy Brawlers away while your team collects the crystals as they appear.
- If you hold many of your team's crystals, do not push forward without back-up from your allied Brawlers. If you are defeated without back-up, the enemy team will easily collect all of your crystals and gain the upper hand.
- If you are part of the losing team during a countdown, it is most advantageous to go for the player holding the most crystals. However, dying during the opposing team's countdown will put the rest of your team at a huge disadvantage since you won't be able to assist them with the push.
- If you are part of the winning team during a countdown, it is most advantageous to either retreat if you are holding crystals or protect your teammates who hold your team's crystals.