In the Smash & Grab Event, there are two teams, each of which consists of 3 players. In the middle of the arena, there is a crystal mine which produces crystals every few seconds. The objective of the game mode is for your team to have 10 crystals. When a player dies, they will drop all of the crystals that they have picked up. Once a team has 10 crystals, a countdown will appear on screen which lasts 16 seconds. When the counter gets to 0, the team with the most crystals over 10 will win.
- El Primo: El Primo is a good character to tank with. If he is in front of the crystal mine, the rest of the team can grab crystals while he defends from any enemies. Alternatively, El Primo can be used to hold the team's crystals since his high health will make it difficult for the other team to defeat him and take the crystals he holds.
- Mortis: Mortis's dash attack allows him to quickly dash in, grab crystals, and dash away and out of danger.
- Shelly: Enemy Brawlers will often try to gather around the mine. Shelly is an excellent for keeping enemy Brawlers from getting too close, and her Super can be deadly.
- Controlling the area around the crystal mine is important early in the game. Keep enemy Brawlers away while your team collects the crystals as they appear.
- If you hold many of your team's crystals, do not push forward without back-up from your allied Brawlers. If you are defeated without back-up, the enemy team will easily collect all of your crystals and gain the upper hand.
- If you are part of the losing team during a countdown, it is most advantageous to go for the player holding the most crystals. However, dying during the opposing team's countdown will put the rest of your team at a huge disadvantage since you won't be able to assist them with the push.
- If you are part of the winning team during a countdown, it is most advantageous to either retreat if you are holding crystals or protect your teammates who hold your team's crystals.